Elijah's Amazing brownies
Hi there, I’m Elijah and I love brownies. I tasted them for the first time when I was eight and they were the best cakes that I have ever tasted!
- This step by step guide will teach you how to make my favourite brownies!
- These ingredients make a maximum a 25 brownies.
- You will need 225g or Cadbury’s Bourneville Cocoa Powder
- 225g or Unsalted Butter
- 5 Medium sized eggs
- 300g of Caster Sugar
- 100g of plain flour
- A saucepan
- Two mixing bowls
- A hand or an electric whisk
- A mixing spoon
- Parchment or greaseproof paper
- Firstly you need to pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4. Next, grease and line the base and sides of a 30cm square tin with baking parchment. This will stop your delicious brownies from sticking to the tin!
- Secondly, melt the chocolate and the butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly. Be cafeul that you don’t burn yourself!
- Thirdly, whisk the eggs and the sugar until thick and creamy. Pour over the chocolate mix and fold in.
- Fourthly, sift in the flour and the cocoa and fold in. Pour into the prepared tin, making sure that it goes right into the corners and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be crusty with a slight wobble underneath.Trust me, these will taste SO good!
- Finally, cool completely in the tin and then cut it into squares.
Use a serrated edged knife as this will cut the brownies more easily and be careful with the knife! They’re really sharp!