Destiny's Ricey prawns
Hello, my name is Destiny. Today, I am going to guide you in making my amazing Ricey Prawns. The reason I chose the meal is because I was sat lazily on my sitting room chair and on the television, I saw the amazing advert. My eyes widened and my mouth hung open, so I decided to tell my mum, “mum! I’ve got to try these… erm.. RICEY PRAWNS!”
She finished cooking what I now call Ricey Prawns, and, as the nourishing food touched my tongue, I was in HEAVEN!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic paste or 1 clove of sliced garlic
- 5 tsp mild chilli powder
- 200g fresh spinach leaves
- 200g of king prawns
- 100g quick cook basmati rice
- 2 dessert spoons half fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 large white onion thinly sliced
- 6 fresh tomatoes diced properly
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of salt, freshly ground black pepper
- handful of fresh chives
How to boil the rice
- To make the perfect rice, you need to boil it. What you have to do is:
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Cook rice according to the instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, you may heat the oil.
- Fry the sliced onion until it is golden.
How to boil prawns
It is really easy to boil prawns, but to make it taste delicious, this is what you will need to do:
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Season prawns with black pepper.
- Add prawns to the pan and cook gently for another 2-3 mins.
How to make and cook spinach
Spinach can be hard to cook, but you will know how to do it by listening to these simple instructions:
- Add fresh tomatoes and cook over a low heat until they have softened.
- Add tinned tomatoes, chilli powder and tomato puree and stir well. Bring it to a simmer and add spinach a handful at a time until it is all added. Add lemon juice and season to taste.
Finally, you need to mix all the food you have cooked together to make Ricey Prawns:
This is the easy part of it all! You add all you have cooked and mix it all together and ta-dah! Your Ricey Prawns are done!